AUGUST BIRTHSTONE: PERIDOT
Our August birthstone feature is all about Peridot. Ranging from a light yellowish green to a dark olive depending on the amount of iron in the crystal structure, peridot is said to have healing powers that bring the wearer power and protection. A few fun facts about our August gem...
* Some peridot is ancient: it's found in pallasite meteorites, remnants of our solar system's birth.
* In 2005, peridot was found in comet dust brought back from the Stardust robotic space probe
* Peridot is a gem variety of the mineral Olivine
* The largest cut peridot is 310 carats and is housed at the Smithsonian in Washington, D.C.
* Peridot is not only an August birthstone but also a 15th Anniversary gemstone
Shop these Kavant & Sharart PERIDOT CLAW EARRINGS at Metalmark before they're gone!
Leave a comment